Our Cacao is the native-born heirloom Ecuadorian species named Arriba Nacional-Fino de Aroma. This variety of Cacao is considered worldwide to have the finest floral aroma and flavor profile, as well as, the highest amount of bioavailable nutrients and minerals. One of Ultimate SuperFoods key concerns in preserving this species is promoting the cultivation of this incredibly fragrant heirloom cacao variety that is unaltered from its natural integrity. Like so many other natural foods, this heirloom species has been hybridized by many growers to increase yield and particular characteristics. However, Ultimate SuperFoods believes that hybridization greatly compromises quality, so we only use the Arriba Nacional-Fino de Aroma heirloom variety. |
We have developed deep-seated relationships with highly regarded farmers and continue to scour the planet to bring our customers the highest quality exotic superfood products. Our farmers and Co-ops in Ecuador employ meticulous organic farming methods, advanced sustainable technology, and the practical knowledge of Old and New World chocolatiers to present you with the finest cacao products. Organic chocolate quality starts with healthy soil and exclusive use of the Arriba Nacional variety, never the hybridized CCN51, which many other companies are selling as the "Arriba Nacional" variety. The CCN51 hybrid may be a pretty bean, but beauty is only skin deep as it lacks the flavor and unique properties of the Arriba Nacional because of it's deep hybridization. We support our farmers work of producing healthy, high quality cacao with support from organic agronomists. Our farmers nurture the trees, hand pick the cacao pods, and separate the beans for fermenting. After a carefully controlled fermentation process, the cacao beans are sun dried. Unfortunately, many companies have been known to dry their beans in ovens in order to reduce their costs. After this detrimental process, you end up with beans that incur a disappointing "acrid flavor" that most consumers confuse with a "fermented" type flavor.
- Our raw Cacao beans are hand peeled, never machine processed.
- Ultimate Super Foods Raw Cacao retains its natural qualities through a sun drying process, opposed to heating or roasting.
- Cacao contains Theobromine a weak but effective stimulant andincludes substances that are chemically and pharmacologically related to the brain lipids anandamide. The word anandamide is derived from ananda, Sanskrit for 'bliss'. These N-acylethanolamines in cacao target the endogenous cannabinoid system of the brain, slightly mimicking the psychotropic effects caused by plant-derived cannabinoid drugs either directly (by activating cannabinoid receptors) or indirectly (by increasing anandamide levels in the brain).
- Our Cacao is the heirloom Ecuadorian variety named Arriba Nacional-Fino de Aroma. This variety of Cacao is considered worldwide to have the finest floral aroma and flavor profile, as well as, the highest amount of bioavailable nutrients and minerals.
- Our raw Cacao Beans are hand peeled, never machine processed.
- Cacao retains its natural qualities through a sun drying process, opposed to heating or roasting.
- Cacao contains: Antioxidants, because of its high polyphenol content. Theobromine, a weak but effective stimulant; Anandamide, inducing a pleasant state of mind; Phenylethylamine (PEA) is the chemical found know to inspire happiness, clear mindedness, focus, and wakefulness.
- Uses: grind up and add to raw milk and smoothies; eat by the handful with agave nectar.